Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thoughts needing to be written down...

So for the last couple of days I've been really thinking about this. For the last year and a half my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant with no luck. But this post isn't about that. It's about everyone else getting pregnant and worrying how to break the news. Now I can't say that everyone who can't get pregnant feels the same way, but honestly if you just tell me I'll be excited for you. I promise. Now after you get off the phone with me I might shed a few tears, but mostly because I'm just jealous that you'll be getting a little bundle of joy. This baby was intended for your family and he/she is going to make you so happy and I can't help but feel happy for you...with a twinge of jealousy. And yes I know that someday I will become a mom and get to deal with raising a crazy and insane teenager... But this is not your problem to bear or deal with. It's mine. So don't wait for me to find out from someone else. Just tell me like I'm your friend not like you're my doctor telling me I have three months to live. Trust me. I'll be happy for you.

Now that I've said that I can get on to more fun things to talk about. All during school whenever anyone found out I was an interior design major they would automatically say, "Oh how fun." Brother McRae warned us all by the end of four years we would want to punch them in the face whenever that happened and it's totally true. Yes it's fun followed by a lot of hard work...and burnt fingers. Something else I learned from interior design is that I have no idea how to design my home. I know how to create for someone else, but not for me. I love so many things, but I don't know what I want. My husband told me the other day that since I have a four year degree I should be using it on our house. So that's what I'm going to do.

So my goal is to start finding things I absolutely love. Even if that means painting my living room wall purple before my husband gets home (Yes, I do have a secret love affair with purple). I'm not going to be putting something into my home that I like. Nope I'm going to love my house since I'll be living there forever!

Side note: The purple in my living room if I do it will be a dark violet. I'm excited. Now I just have to convince the hubby.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erica, I love you!! (and I totally need you to come to my house and decorate it...I just don't even know what to do! :) )

    ReplyDelete