Monday, May 4, 2009

Married and in Cali!

Well I'm finally married...crazy to think that I've been Mrs. Risenmay for two days. Well the day before the wedding was pretty hectic. I was busy running errands everywhere. The family dog, Apollo, was put down that morning. Great wedding present, huh. But it was the best thing. The poor guy couldn't walk anymore without being in pain. He wouldn't eat anymore either. It's was strange to see him not eat...he's always gobbled everything up. I'm glad that I was able to be home to say goodbye to him. Everyone in the family was an emotional mess that day...I think I was probably the worst. Thanks so much to all of my family for putting up with me. I don't do very well with death. Well the next morning I woke up at 5 and got ready. Danni did my hair and makeup for me. She did such an amazing job! Thanks Danni! James and I got to the temple and were married at 830. Everything worked out perfect! The weather was perfect for pictures. It didn't rain until after the lunch-in. Peggy, my mother-in-law, made the lunch-in so much fun. The theme was a picnic. I hope one of my sisters got pictures of it. It was so cute. There were green table clothes and then checkered table clothes over them. Then fake trees were placed on top of the table. So it looked like we were actually outside in a picnic. The reception turned out really nice too. I wish I had pictures of it, but I'll have to post them later. The cake was amazing!!!! My aunt Cathy is amazing. My cake was purple with white trimmings. I loved it. My mom did an amazing job putting it together. Everything turned out perfect. My really good friend, Miriam came down from Wyoming and surprised me. It was so good to see her again! James and I left for California the next morning. We made it here in 12 hours only going about 5 mph over. We made such good time! It's so nice up here. Although I think the natives here think it's too cold. Me and James were the only ones out playing in the beach this evening. We were running through the water acting like kids! It was so much fun. Some time this week we're going to Sea World. We're both so excited to go. I love just being lazy with James. It's a really good vacation for both of us.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you guys :) You definitely deserve a wonderful vacation after graduating and getting married! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging on your honeymoon- silly girll! Glad to hear that you guys are having so much fun. See you both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wo! I'm pretty sure you should be to busy for blogging right now! :) Hope you two are having a good time, so glad you got to see the ocean and run on the beach, I love watching the waves come in...bring a little sun shine back with you O.K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erica,
    Congrats on getting married! Sounds like it was a prefect day for you.
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! It'll be mine and Steves One Year next week. I remember getting married and how excited I was. Married life is AMAZING! You're with your bestest friend for eternity!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete