Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

So James and I are almost finished with our house. We can’t believe it’s our house. It looks so different! It feels like a brand new home. We just have a couple of patches to do on the ceiling and put tile in the front entry and then we’re done! Well except for decorating, but that’s my department. My goal is to not put up anything that I don’t love. We also picked up my Christmas present last Saturday. I have new couches. Yay! They are so nice and comfy. They’re micro suede and the style isn’t being made any more so we got a great deal on them. They didn’t have any love seats left we so were able to get two full size couches for the same price. Plus we got the chair and ottoman which I think is our favorite place to sit.


So the only Christmas decoration we have is a snowman filled with candy. Sadly this year we are not putting up a tree. I promise we’re not grinches. It’s just with all the construction and having a tree in the middle….oh what a mess. Plus it’s only a week to Christmas and then we have to take it down anyways. So no tree for us this year, but next year we’ll have a real one.


The other day James and I were just being lazy on our new awesome couches and I could just picture our little kids running up the stairs Christmas morning and covering their eyes so they couldn’t see their presents when they ran past to go wake up Mom and Dad. I love my house. I can’t wait to make more memories in it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures! You know your kids won't be covering their eyes right, and probably not even coming to get you... : ) Ha ha! At least that is what I would do. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete