Wow it's been so long since my last post and so much has happened. James and I have now been married for a year. Yipee! It really feels like it's been longer. Being married to James has probably been the best thing for me. Which I know my family will second that. I've now been to Sea World, swam in the ocean, drove a truck in spud harvest, drove a tractor in grain harvest, gone dirt bike riding up trails I never thought I'd ever make it up, bought a home, stayed up till the early hours of the morning painting...all of this and much much more because I was set up on a blind date. My husband has given me the courage to do things that I never dreamed I could do. Mostly the only reason I do it is because I think,"if he can do I can do it." Plus the huge grin he gives me once I've done it is always nice. I love you, Babe.
So I got to drive truck in spud harvest which I loved! Except for driving over the huge hills and thinking that I'm was going to tip over. I alternated between three trucks. Sky, Big Red, and I think it was the White Chevy. I would drive Sky until it'd break down and then go to Big Red until it'd break down and then I'd go to the White Chevy until it'd break down and then by that time hopefully Sky was fixed and the cycle would start all over again. But it was definitely fun and I loved driving! Funny enough my family was very scared that I was driving truck. They weren't scared for me, but for the other drivers on the road!
Last October before we moved back to Shelley we found Bob. I talked...and begged James to let me get a dog which was crazy, because the apartment we were living in didn't allowed dogs. We looked and looked everywhere, but couldn't find a dog we liked. We finally found Bob at the Rexburg Animal Shelter. Say hello to Bob.

Bob was six months old when we got him. He's about a year and a half now. He's an Australian shepherd mix. The greatest thing about Bob though is he doesn't bark. It's so nice! When he does bark you know that something is wrong. Luckily we moved into my grandma and grandpa's house a week later to house sit until the family decided to sell the home. So James' brother-in-law took care of Bob for that week and then we were able to bring him home. It's so crazy living in my grandparent's home. I wasn't sure how it would be since I was here for both of their deaths. I was worried that I would have nightmares about it or feel like I was an intruder in their home. It's been the complete opposite though. As soon as I walked in that door I felt welcomed. It felt like my home. I've often wondered of what grandma would think of the changes we've made to this house. I think she'd love it because I love it.

Back in April, James and I decided to buy the house. Which I was very surprised James' wanted to since the house is right by my parents. When we were first married James told me that we would never leave closer than a couple miles from either of our parents. Haha. Yup that didn't happen. We're now about a quarter of a mile from my parents. But it's been so nice. Whenever we need to borrow something or I forgot to buy something from the store we can just run down to my parents. Now all we need is for Jess, Danni, and Stephen to settle in down here and Woodville will be over run with Sparks'!
So it's a very bad thing for me when I'm bored. I start looking on petfinder.com for a new dog. Poor Bob has been so lonely and so I figured he needed a friend. James decided that before we got another dog we needed to put a shock collar fence in and wait until he finished this semester. Well the shock collar fence was put in...but I found the perfect dog before James could finish his semester. Say hello to Captain Awesome (FYI I'm not the one who names these dogs. James is the one to blame. Poor Bob. He got the short end of the stick).


So I should probably explain how Captain Awesome got his name. James and I love the show Chuck. In Chuck there's a guy named Devan and his nickname is Captain Awesome mostly just because everything about this guy is awesome. So James had to make sure that the next dog we got would be able to handle the name Captain Awesome. Wow. Rereading what I just wrote...we're so weird, but hey in our defense what else do we have to worry about? Captain Awesome is 6 weeks old. He's a pure breed Siberian Husky. The best thing about this little guy is he doesn't bark either! We're so lucky with our dogs! Although Awesome does whine when he's alone. We had him tied up at first so he would get used to his surroundings and not run away. He hated it. Especially when Bob wasn't near him. So Awesome would whine until Bob came back to him and then start to whine again when Bob left. After a couple days of that James and I just kept him off the leash. Awesome follows Bob around everywhere. He's like Bob's little shadow.
There's so much more I could say, but I'll leave it for another post. I do want to thank my family for helping James and I with this house. If it wasn't for them we'd still be painting and cleaning...
Congrats on owning a house! Many people have told me you've made great improvements to the house. I'd love to see pictures of what you've done.
ReplyDeleteI second Candice's comment. Your dogs look like so much fun. Bob looks like a best friend and Captain Awesome is stunning. It sounds like you guys are having a ball together and that makes marriage spectacular. Janessa
ReplyDeleteI loved your post! You almost made me cry. Don't ask me why because I don't know. Although maybe it is because I think you are amazing and I just love being your sister!
ReplyDelete