This summer I worked for Greg, James' brother. I drove one of his balers. It was interesting being on farmer's hours. Straw wasn't bad because we mostly worked during the day and some nights. Hay though has to be at a certain moisture level so we would work at nights. We would start at 6 or 8ish at night and go to 8 or 10 in the morning. I can't believe I survived the summer! I enjoyed it though.
I went directly from baling to spud harvest. I have become a real farmer girl now. I absolutely love my truck! I had the option of driving an automatic truck this year, but I couldn't give up my Ford truck. It rides so smooth and it never gets stuck in the field.
We were able to get two kittens from Curtis and Jessica to be mousers. At first the kittens weren't too sure about Bruiser, but they came around.
The two kittens look exactly the same except one is fat and the other is skinnier. So we call them Fatty and Skinny.
Skinny and Bruiser are best friends. Fatty tolerates him, but much prefers human company.
Bruiser has gotten so big now. I almost wish he was still a little fluffy puppy. He was pretty cute back then.
We really need a baby, because right now Bruiser is so spoiled! He absolutely loves stuffed animals! They survive for about five minutes before the stuffing is all torn out.
For Christmas Bruiser got bandannas. The shocking part of this was it was James who actually bought Bruiser the bandannas. James is not one to buy Bruiser things. I'm the one that usually spoils him.
Bruiser is such a beggar. He absolutely loves apples. He's kind of cute and hard to say no to.
September means its time for the fair. We love to go every year and eat until we are stuffed. This year James rode on one of the rides with his sister-in-law, Jessica. I am terrified of heights and could never ride that roller coaster. James gets motion sickness so easily and was so sick by the time he got off. Poor guy.
James and I are always doing some kind of work on our house it seems. This time it was our fence. We had to go rent a skidster to dig the holes for the fence posts. It was a long day.
We worked late into the night for a couple of days. Our poor neighbors. They must hate it when we start our projects since we often work so late.
The fence when it was finally finished! We still have a couple of details to finish, but it will have to wait until spring.
A couple of years ago we cut down this massive huge tree in front of our house and ever since then we have had four stumps just sitting there. James was able to finally tear them out and oh how much better our yard looks now!
Our Christmas tree this year. I thought it turned out really nice.
James bought me a table for my front entry table. It was a beautiful table, but it reminded me too much of the wood laminate that used to be on our walls. So I sanded and painted it.
I thought it turned out really well. I love the blue.
James has been begging me and begging me to let him buy a snowmobile. I finally caved and bought him one for Christmas. Although I told him it's his Christmas and birthday present. He loves it!
So far our life has been great and wonderful. We can't complain. Hopefully we will being able to adopt a baby soon and being spoiling he/she. See you again in the next six months!


No comments:
Post a Comment