So we actually blew in all of the insulation. Trying not to inhale the insulation while it was flying everywhere was fun. But it is so much warmer down there now.
So everything is textured and ready to be painted. We actually did the painting in one night. James loves painting which I find so strange. I dread painting.
While we were finishing up on the basement we finally put tile in our front entry way. We should have done it a year ago when we remodeled our upstairs, but by that point we were ready to be done.
So first of all that table does not go there! Any of my interior design friends would probably cringe if they saw this. That's actually my sewing table I refinished. James and I loved the color and so we wanted to see how it went with the shutters. The shutters were actually originally from our house. My grandma put them up so no one could see her washer. We just painted them red and antiqued it. The table we have now actually spans the whole wall and is a little taller. I still need to refinish it though. Of course when I took this picture we hadn't put the baseboard back up. So it's coming along.
So we still have a bit to do, but we have gotten so much done! While we are waiting for carpet we are painting the bedrooms upstairs, because they sorely need painted and new carpet. So we are making one into a craft room for me (WAHOO!) and the other is the baby's bedroom. I just can't wait for carpet to come, because everything is in my dining room and living room just ready to go back into those rooms. So next time hopefully I'll have my basement finished and all three upstairs bedrooms have new carpet and paint! Then maybe we can take a day to relax!


Love it guys! You do good work.
ReplyDelete